40 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
(Silicone Modified Polyester Paint-SMP)
COOL COLOR - TUFF SHIELD
Valley Rolling Corporation (VRC) warrants its colored steel roofing and siding shall not crack, check or peel (lose adhesion) for forty years, but this does not include minute fracturing which may occur in proper fabrication of the building parts. Chalk ASTM D-4214-89 method A(D659) number eight (8) rating at any time for forty years. Color change will not exceed five (5) Hunter ?E units as determined by ASTM method D-2244-93. This warranty to apply only to material used in the continental US including Alaska.
Conditions and Limitations
- 1) This warranty is effective for purchases after May 15, 2009.
- 2) This warranty applies only to panels which have been exposed to normal weather condition. It does not apply to defects or failures caused by:
- a) Exposure to salt air, salt water, marine environments, acid rain, or constant exposure to damp conditions.
- b) Exposure to animal wastes, corrosive chemicals, harmful fumes or foreign substance in the atmosphere.
- c) Exposure to or contact with lead of copper flashings.
- d) Acts of God (including but not limited to cyclones, tornadoes, wind storms and hurricanes) falling objects, explosion, fire, riots, or civil commotions.
- e) Exposure to damp insulation, damp lumber, or condensation.
- f) Improper protection of sheets from the weather prior to installation, including but not limited to storage in a damp condition.
- g) Failure to remove debris from the surface of the panels.
- h) Improper drainage Ė drainage must be provided so as to now hold any water.
- i) Improper application Ė application must conform to VRC recommended procedure.
- j) Reaction between the fasteners and the sheet causing perforation: The type of selection rests sole with the buyer.
- k) Aggressive cleaning procedures and/or use of abrasive cleaning products.
- l) Damage (whether chemical, mechanical or other) caused during shipment, storage, installation, or secondary manufacturing.)
- 3) VRC must be notified in writing by registered mail within 30 days after failure is known or reasonably should have been known by the building owner. VRC will arrange for a building inspection. VRCís responsibility is limited to replacement of defective or failed panels, which it will furnish F.O.B. job site after receipt of payment from the owners for its pro-rated share, if any, of the current retail price of replacement panels. Replacement panels will be from VRCís current production. VRC does not guarantee color match. VRC is not responsible for labor to repair or replace defective or failed panels, but will solicit from vendor.
- 4) Any consequential damaged from defective panels is specifically excluded in the warranty.
- 5) The buyer must be able to identify the defective panels as produced by VRC including the date of purchase and the invoice number. The buyer shall not take any corrective action until failure has been inspected by VRC.
- 6) VRC reserve the right to terminate this warranty at any time (except as to orders already placed).
- 7) This warrant does not apply to accessories, fasteners, flashings or other components.
- 8) In the event of any litigation relative to any dispute pertaining hereto or claim arising hereunder, the venue of such litigation shall be Marion County, Oregon and the laws of the State of Oregon shall apply with the prevailing party in such litigation to recover attorney fees and costs from the non-prevailing part.
This warrant is expressly in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied, including any implied warranty of merchant-ability or fitness for a particular purpose not set forth in writing signed by an authorized representative of VRC.